Clean Them Records.

Hey guys and gals,
I know it's been a while since our last blog post but not been too well, but anyhow let's crack on.
So, in this blog post I want to talk about the cleaning of our pride and joys, it can be such an intimate process cleaning a record, come on we all know it is, we all have our own way of doing it and I love trying out different methods, and I would like to share them with you and also recommend some products to you.

DIVINYL -LP Cleaner

Best way to think of this is a face mask for your records, basically you apply it to your record you leave it and you peel it, the results are amazing, I do personally recommend this to anyone that really looks after their records, it's a nice thing to use as a deep clean, and its really satisfying to peal of as well, I think this is a good cleaner if you have a really horrible crackly record and not the good kind of crackles.
So DIVINYL - LP CLEANER is a new polymeric product specifically conceived for the deep cleaning of vinyl records; It removes dust and grime embedded in the microgrooves, leaving the record in pristine conditions, and we all know that we want what's best for our record collection.

OLD FASHIONED SOAP AND WATER
Now I think 90% of us have done this, as it's a free and cost-effective, and its natural of us to do it because you've just bought that expensive record you've been eyeing up and you have no money left, BUT! This is good method, just remove the loose dust obviously, and you should before any deep clean, get your soap and water ready, and the cloth you use should be absorbent because you could get all messy and wet and that's no fun, and I must remind you this is not the same as taking them in the bath with you and we know that would be fun, but let your record dry naturally, then get a dry cloth and buffer the hell out of it and hay presto the free handy way to deep clean your record.

WHITE VINEGAR SPRAY

Now I personally use this as well in between using the first method just spray your cleaning cloth with a few sprays of the spray and warning it doesn't smell nice it been vinegar but its handy to keep your records playing perfect and let it dry and buffer to make your record shinny.

RECORD CLEANING SOLUTIONS

We have all bought the cleaning solutions of Amazon or in a record store, and there basically watered down cleaning alcohol and they are a good method of cleaning that record that's got grubby, and I was told by a guy who owns a record shop that he mixes the cleaning alcohol with white vinegar and he gets brilliant results, I'm yet to try this as I will always try everyone's methods.


I know there is more I could type about but I don't want to drag this post on for you guys, as I just wanted to make a quick list but these are my trusted methods I use but I do recommend these personally, and if you clean your records differently let me know, as ill happily try them and make a second post on how you clean yours, it really interest's me on how people use different methods, some more unorthodox then other minds you I have seen a video on someone using wood glue and pealing it off and I was just amazed but I guess if it worked who am I to judge, and another note don't use the ruff side of a sponge as well it could be life ruining to the record.

Peace and Love
Nate 

Comments

Popular Posts